Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First week

This first week has been so exhausting! I've been trying my best to not get lost on my way to classes, but this castle is just so huge! Luckily, I had been warned about Peeves by Minerva. She sent me another scroll with her magnificent owl Seva, and I have only just got around to answering it.

The teachers apparently do not take pity on first years when it comes to homework. Essays for History of Magic, Transfiguration, and Herbology, as well as extra practice for Charms. Levitating Charms are a bit more difficult than I expected.

All this work leaves little time for knitting! My father's birthday is this Sunday, and I still haven't finished my scarf for him. I still have a foot left to do - not to mention blocking. I'm planning to cast on my Gryffindor bag soon. It's such a cute pattern, and I can't wait to start. I already started ordering little treats from Hogsmeade for my spoilee, Lavender. I'll have to find time to knit in between lessons!

No comments: