Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Very First...


Argyle socks. My fellow Slytherin, Emma Gorodok, posted a contest on her blog to post a personal knitting first. Back in March I was brain-storming ideas about knitting something for my grandfather, and my mom came up with the idea of argyle socks. Apparently they were quite popular during the World War II era, so I figured I might as well.

Little did I know how finicky these socks are. I had never done any intarsia-heavy projects before either, so these were quite a learning experience. Luckily, he loved them and has been hinting about perhaps a repeat for Christmas. Argh!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are absolutely FABULOUS!! I'd love to know the spell you used for them. :)

Hugs!
Minee

Emma Gorodok said...

wow, they look great. I envy everyone who mastered colorwork or intarsia

Emma Gorodok said...

congrats, Lucretia, you won a copy of my pattern. As soon as you send me an email to handarbeitskram(at)online.de I will email you the pattern