Monday, May 12, 2008

Settling In

Phew! I just finished unpacking all my things in my dormitory room. I didn't know until today who my dorm-mates would be, but everything turned out just fine. I'll be with Danazraella Deamonova, Matilda Edgecomb, Enna Kirts, and Megaera Black - all wonderful Slytherin girls. It will be a bit crowded in here with five of us, but the more the merrier!

Classes start tomorrow, and I'm so excited that I just cannot fall asleep. We first years received our class schedule at the start of term feast, and they all seem like so much fun - except Potions. It seems like a mix of chemistry and cooking to me, and those two separate are enough to bamboozle me.



We also got our first look at the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor and Merlin's pants! He's the scariest person I have ever seen. His name is Professor Lufkin is quite possibly a vampire. I haven't got Defense until Thursday, so I'll hear what the other students say about him.

In swapping news, I received an owl stating that I'll be spoiling Lavender Durmstrang (a Gryffindor) and being spoiled by none other than Minerva Kwikspell. The Ravenclaw Head Girl herself! She sent me her letter on official stationary too. I feel so excited! I've already sent an owl to order Gryffindor-colored yarn (along with way more yarn than I possibly need). Time to start training for the Dueling Club by finishing all those socks I have on needles.

I've got Transfiguration first thing in the morning, so I should really get some sleep. G'night!

2 comments:

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

Prof Lufkin is much dreamier in person! i am aiming for detention with him...and Snape. I;m not sure who I would prefer to spend time with...well ok Snape

Lavender Diggory said...

I agree... Hottie boom ba lotttie!!