Sunday, June 8, 2008

News

I've been just so busy this past week that I haven't had any time to write until now. After hurridly finishing my Dueling Club socks (no more ribbed socks for me!), I took a little break from socks and worked on my spoilee's Gryffindor bag. I am happy to report that it is completely done - including felting. Now I'm just sending out orders to Hogsmeade for some special little treats.

Speaking of treats, yet another owl swooped down to me at breakfast a few days ago carrying a parcel from Arabella Moody, the Slytherin prefect. It contained my prize for winning one of the Slytherin house quizes a while back - two skeins of Slytherin colored sock yarn destined to become Fred and George striped socks, as well as a box of some of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. Thanks so very much Arabella!

Being the eager first year that I am, I decided to not only get involved in the Dueling Club, but in a small in-house mini-sock swap as well. I've never made a mini-sock before, so it should be a blast. I'll have it finished and sent off to Meg Black in no time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I love Fred and George socks!!! I've knit a few pairs and they are so fun to work up!! :D Congrats again on your win.

An inter-house swap sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to see your wee tiny little sock. ;)

Hugs!
Minee